James Larrick, known professionally as JIMMY ROCK is an Electronic Dance Music artist, disc jockey, music producer, performer, entrepreneur and visual artist from Sandusky, Ohio. Jimmy Rock debuted into the music scene with his single “Primero” in 2016 with a collaboration with artist & music producer Ben Crespo.
A six-time nominee for “Best Live DJ”, Jimmy Rock has opened for worldwide acts such as Lecrae, Bubba Sparxxx, Skillet, Mr. Talkbox, Andy Mineo, NF, Social Club, Mr. Collipark and Family Force 5.
Since his debut, Jimmy Rock has performed in front of tens of thousands in markets such as Las Vegas, Toronto, New York, Detroit, Nashville, Indianapolis, Columbus, Houston and Cleveland. From high profile gigs such as Alibaba’s Gateway 17 event and Cisco’s GSX event to main stage performances at Alive Festival and the Official Mayweather vs McGregor Watch Party in Nashville. His successes gained him opportunities to DJ for Grammy, Stellar and Dove Award nominees such as; Pettidee, Beckah Shae, Light Ends Darkness and Reflection Music Group artist, Tony Tillman.
In 2018, Jimmy Rock was chosen to headline CRAVE: The Tour, and 18 city tour across the US & Mexico which is hitting markets such as Atlanta, Los Angeles, San Diego, Mexico City, Myrtle Beach, Memphis and Cleveland. Beyond critical adulation, he is a natural performer, visionary and is always trying to praise those around him.
- 2012 GMA Dove Award nominee recipient for “Best Christmas Album” featuring “Birth of Love” on TobyMac’s “Christmas in Diverse City” album.
- Music scoring and production for the TV series “The Breakdown” on The Dance Network.
- Sesame Street
- Wrote and produced “Shine” for Mr. Talkbox.
- Performed on stage with TobyMac at PointFest at Cedar Point.
- Opening performer for TobyMac - Hip Pop Funk Soul Tour.
- Performed MainStage at Alive Festival and Big Ticket Festival with over 50,000 in attendance.
- Performed at EasterFest with DJ Maj (from TobyMac) in Toowoomba, Australia with over 60,000 in attendance.
- Has performed on TBN’s Juice TV (formally known as JCTV).
- 3x headlining performer for the Be A Light Tour in the United States.
- Headlining performer for United Festival.
- Prevention specialist with Campus Impact.
- 2016 featured artist on Nashville Unsigned.
- Has performed in various cities such as: Cleveland, Nashville, Orlando, Columbus, Toledo, Central City and Franklin.
- Remix production for Royal Tailor “Control (Remix featuring DJ Maj)”.
- Produced, mixed, mastered “Primero” by JIMMY ROCK.
- Wrote, produced, mixed and mastered Light Ends Darkness EP “L.E.D” and singles “Impossible” “Super Freak (featuring Mr. Talkbox)” and “One”.
- Vocalist on Maroon 5’s “Maps (Workout Mix)” featured on 40 Top Hits 2014, Vol. 3.
- Has opened for major recording artists such as: Skillet, TobyMac, FireFlight, Mr. Talkbox, We As Human, Benjah, Family Force 5, Royal Tailor and OBB.
- Has performed at corporate events such as: H&M, Ecco Salon and Cross Point.
- Has appeared live on YES FM Radio and Fox 8 Cleveland.
- Mixed and mastered “Off Hiatus” for Dove Award and Stellar Award nominated artist, Pettidee.
- Tour Manager for JIMMY ROCK at Gateway ’17 in Toronto, Ontario CA for Chinese billionaire and entrepreneur Jack Ma (Founder and Executive Chairman, Alibaba Group) featuring guest speakers Justin Trudeau (Prime Minister of Canada), Michele Romanow (CBC Dragons’ Den | Co-Founder, Clearbanc) and Laurent Potdevin (CEO, Lululemon).
- Tour Manager for JIMMY ROCK at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, MI while representing both Volkswagen and Beats by Dre brands.