James Larrick, known professionally as JIMMY ROCK is an Electronic Dance Music artist, disc jockey, music producer, performer, entrepreneur and visual artist from Sandusky, Ohio. Jimmy Rock debuted into the music scene with his single “Primero” in 2016 with a collaboration with artist & music producer Ben Crespo.
A six-time nominee for “Best Live DJ”, Jimmy Rock has opened for worldwide acts such as Lecrae, Bubba Sparxxx, Skillet, Mr. Talkbox, Andy Mineo, NF, Social Club, Mr. Collipark and Family Force 5.
Since his debut, Jimmy Rock has performed in front of tens of thousands in markets such as Las Vegas, Toronto, New York, Detroit, Nashville, Indianapolis, Columbus, Houston and Cleveland. From high profile gigs such as Alibaba’s Gateway 17 event and Cisco’s GSX event to main stage performances at Alive Festival and the Official Mayweather vs McGregor Watch Party in Nashville. His successes gained him opportunities to DJ for Grammy, Stellar and Dove Award nominees such as; Pettidee, Beckah Shae, Light Ends Darkness and Reflection Music Group artist, Tony Tillman.
In 2018, Jimmy Rock was chosen to headline CRAVE: The Tour, and 18 city tour across the US & Mexico which is hitting markets such as Atlanta, Los Angeles, San Diego, Mexico City, Myrtle Beach, Memphis and Cleveland. Beyond critical adulation, he is a natural performer, visionary and is always trying to praise those around him.
- Nominated “Best New DJ” at Ohio Hip Hop Awards.
- Nominated 6x for “Best Live DJ” at Funcoast Readers’ Choice Awards.
- Co-Hosted/Performed main stage at Alive Festival with over 85,000 in attendance.
- Performed at Gateway ’17 in Toronto, Ontario CA for Chinese billionaire and entrepreneur Jack Ma (Founder and Executive Chairman, Alibaba Group) featuring guest speakers Justin Trudeau (Prime Minister of Canada), Michele Romanow (CBC Dragons’ Den | Co-Founder, Clearbanc) and Laurent Potdevin (CEO, Lululemon).
- Performed at Gateway ’17 in Detroit, MI featuring guest speakers Martha Stewart, David Abney (CEO of UPS), J. Michael Evans (President and Director, Alibaba Group) and TV anchor Charlie Rose.
- Performed at Cisco’s Global Sales Experience (GSX) 2017 in Las Vegas, NV.
- Performed at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit, MI while representing both Volkswagen and Beats by Dre brands.
- Performed at the official Mayweather vs. McGregor watch party in Nashville, TN.
- Received an in-ear monitor artist endorsement from Alclair Audio.
- Hired to DJ for Grammy Award and Stellar Award nominated artist, Pettidee.
- Hired to DJ for Dove Award nominated artist, Beckah Shae.
- Has opened for major artists such as: Lecrae, Skillet, Switchfoot, NF, Andy Mineo, Family Force 5, For King & Country, Veridia, Social Club Misfits, Mr. Talkbox and Casting Crowns.
- Has performed in-store at various chain stores and resorts such as: Rue 21, PINK by Victoria’s Secret, Mandalay Bay (Las Vegas, NV) and Kalahari Resorts.
- Has performed at various festivals, concerts and conventions such as: Alive Festival, United Festival, Reach Ohio Conference, Mount Vernon Nazarene University’s SonFest, Toledo’s Freedom Celebration, Relay For Life, Crave The Movement and Norwalk’s Fourth of July Parade.
- Toured as a member of Light Ends Darkness’ band for 5 years.
- Performed live in cities such as: Toronto, Las Vegas, Nashville, Cleveland, New York, Houston and Detroit.